A good employee feedback tool gives leaders a complete picture of employee satisfaction. It can be a great way to collect actionable insights showing which stages of the employee journey are satisfactory and which require improvement.
According to stats, employee performance is 4.6 times more likely to be good when employees get the chance to provide honest feedback. However, this is easier said than done. Employees often fully commit to feedback surveys or they give broad, generalized answers.
So, how can you change that?
In this article, we will show you the features the best employee feedback tool should have and explain how you can use it to get the most relevant feedback from your employees.
Why do you need an employee feedback tool?
Collecting employee feedback can be quite demanding, especially if you don’t have much experience with it. Even then, the process can take a lot of time and the margin for errors is quite big. Therefore, you need the right employee feedback tool to:
- streamline the feedback process
- collect regular feedback from your employees
- provide feedback to employees
- foster development and constant growth.
The tool should have features like automated reminders for managers to provide feedback, templates for creating feedback surveys, and an analytics dashboard that displays feedback data in an easy-to-understand format. It should also allow managers to easily provide comments, ratings, and suggestions to employees.
How to choose the best employee feedback tool
Choosing the best employee feedback tool for your organization can be an overwhelming task.
The first step is to determine your organization's goals and objectives, as well as its budget. Once you have this information, you can begin to narrow down your choices.
Consider features like user-friendliness, customizability, and scalability. Make sure the platform you select can accommodate the size and growth of your organization, and that it's compatible with your existing systems.
You should also ask for a demo or trial period to see if the platform is easy to use and understand.
Finally, consider the cost and customer service of each platform. Make sure the one you choose fits within your budget and provides the support you need.
Introducing Effy – the best employee feedback tool for 2023
Effy is an employee feedback tool that allows you to:
- create employee pulse surveys
- collect feedback
- track employee engagement metrics such as employee net promoter score, employee satisfaction, employee performance, and employee retention
- conduct 360 degree feedback
- automate workflows, absence and onboarding
- learn about employee feedback from a rich knowledge base
Effy also offers a rich library of templates to choose from for conducting different types of performance reviews. These are easy to customize and use for your own needs.
Plus, Effy has had important integrations since the very beginning. One of the biggest is Slack. You can now have all of the Effy features available for access through your Slack workspace. Plus, the entire setup requires just a few clicks!
How to get started with Effy
To get started with the best employee feedback tool, you don't need to make any financial commitments from the start. Just sign up for Effy's Basic Plan (no credit card required), and you will be able to create up to 50 performance reviews for free.
After you log in, you can use templates and fill out questionnaires, and create employee feedback surveys as a part of the performance review process. The Basic Plan will give you an idea of how Effy works, allow you to create employee engagement surveys, and gather constructive feedback to improve the functioning of your entire organization.
12 Best performance review tools
What Questions to Ask In a Performance Review?
Best 360 Degree Feedback Software
Collecting employee feedback is crucial because it allows one to pinpoint and eliminate bad habits, reinforce positive employee behavior, and foster organizational growth by improving employee engagement and empowering the team to work toward their goals more effectively.
A good feedback tool will enable you to collect anonymous feedback and see how you can align employees' needs with the conditions of your organization. It helps you to ensure that you and your employees are on the same page with company values and its present activities.
The process will be much easier and more effective with the right system for soliciting feedback. Try Effy, the highly customizable feedback software that allows you to create 50 reviews for free, to start collecting transparent feedback and keep employees engaged.
FAQ: Employee feedback tool for teams
What is an employee feedback system?
An employee feedback system is a set of methods used to collect and track feedback from employees. The system analyzes employee data and helps identify trends and drive improvements. Enhancements in the employee experience have an immediate effect on the functioning of the entire organization and customer experience.
How do you create feedback for an employee?
Providing feedback is a massive step towards improving the employee experience and supporting the development of individual employees and the team as a whole. To create constructive feedback for your employees, you should focus on the following tips:
- Be specific and focus on the problem
- Concentrate on outcomes instead of individual attributes of an employee
- Remember about employee recognition
- Listen to your employees
- Give real time feedback
What are the 7 types of feedback?
Seven most essential types of feedback include the following
- Appreciation feedback – e.g., showing thanks to an employee for the hard work they put into a project
- Guidance feedback – offering advice in the form of suggestions for betterment
- Encouragement feedback – helps to boost morale in situations when someone is struggling or trying new tasks for the first time
- Forward feedback – is about looking into the future instead of focusing on someone's mistakes
- Coaching feedback – is when the leader acts like a coach providing strategies to help employees reach desired results
- Informal feedback – is a spontaneous kind of feedback that happens in the course of everyday operations
- Formal feedback – happens in formal settings like during job evaluations or performance reviews