If your business is even remotely agile, you’re probably using Slack for team communication - but what about Slack feedback? Did you ever try to use Slack for performance evaluation or 360 review?
Slack has more than 10 million daily active users, which makes it one of the most popular business communication tools.
Unfortunately, Slack alone can overwhelm users, so you’ll need a third-party performance management app to make the process more efficient.
With our software, you can add and implement HR processes directly in Slack. Effy makes it easy to request feedback through the Slack channel, but that’s just the tip of the iceberg. In this post, we will show you a step-by-step guide on how to conduct 360 feedback with Slack.
Let’s take a look!
How to prepare for 360 feedback
A typical 360-degree employee review is a performance analysis that takes into account feedback from different sources. That includes all relevant stakeholders like:
- Company managers
- Direct supervisors
- Team members
- The employee
The main advantage of using a 360-degree review process is that it provides a more comprehensive view of employee performance. It’s a critical feature because companies that regularly run surveys improve engagement. This is a big deal if you know that only 21% of workers are engaged at work.
However, you’ll need a fair share of planning to create and execute 360 feedback successfully. Here are a few ways to prepare for Slack-based feedback.
- Determine your objectives
You should only launch a 360-degree employee review if you know exactly what to look for. It will help you prepare the right questions, so you don’t waste anyone’s time in the process.
For instance, you may want to improve team collaboration. In that case, you need to assess how employees feel about company culture. Each objective requires a different approach, so you must be ready to ask specific questions.
- Explain the purpose of your review
According to the report, almost 20% of employees feel that the feedback they get is not specific. They find it valuable, but they need to know what it’s all about. HR managers should always explain the purpose of employee feedback and 360 reviews in a direct message or during a 1:1.
That way, you increase transparency and help people open up.
- Enable anonymous feedback
Some people may feel more comfortable giving Slack anonymous feedback. Don’t be shy to approve it, particularly if it helps you obtain better survey results. After all, anonymous Slack feedback often makes team members more comfortable when analyzing their colleagues.
Step-by-step guide to setting up Slack feedback
In the process of collecting feedback, team members need to fill out dozens or hundreds of forms. The best option would be to complete the entire process in Slack channel, without switching to a third party tool. However, not much software from the Slack App Directory allows this.
Now, let’s take a look at what you need to do to set up Slack feedback:
- Prepare questionnaire forms for the employees with all necessary details
- Set up a notification in Slack channel asking your team members to fill in the forms (in most cases your employees will have to switch to a third-party platform in order to fill in the questionnaires)
- Create the option to respond anonymously
- Collect feedback and set reminders for people who forget to fill them out
- Analyze the obtained data (this is where a third-party tool comes in handy, thanks to its detailed analytics)
- Share feedback with people via Slack direct message or during 1:1
4 things to have in mind when setting up Slack feedback
Effy has been integrated with Slack since the early days of the tool. According to surveys of customers who have tried integration with Slack at least once, this feature in Effy confidently ranks first among those that they consider the most useful.
Our platform helps you obtain feedback 40% faster and increase response rates by up to 60%. In fact, according to customers, this is one of the tool’s most popular features. You can register for free and get started.
But if you want to explore other options as well, here are some things you need to know.
- Pick a platform that can do everything within Slack channels: You need a third-party tool that doesn’t take users to another website or software. A good performance management tool allows you to complete an entire 360 review directly in Slack.
- You need a tool with an anonymous feedback feature: A credible platform enables you to note and accept anonymous feedback through the Slack channel. Even if you don't need it now, the feature may come in handy later.
- Beware of the setup process: In order to connect all employees through Slack Workspace, you need to add an app to all members of the team simultaneously. If the system doesn’t support this solution, it will be difficult to connect with employees through the Slack channel.
- Use threads to collect feedback: You will often send the same form to multiple users in a single channel. In that case, you should use threads to optimize workflow.
These helpful tips will help you make a smart decision, so you can take advantage of 360 reviews in Slack to the fullest extent.
If your company relies on Slack for internal communication, you can also use it for HR purposes. The platform enables every user to access your 360 files and forms, so you can quickly conduct employee reviews and track their progress over time.
360-degree employee reviews in Slack have become incredibly efficient, courtesy of Effy.
Make sure to give it a try now.
FAQ: How to give feedback in Slack
How do you use feedback on Slack?
If you need feedback from a specific person, use @mention to ask for it. When you search for multiple opinions, you can use @here to point out that your request is aimed at all members of the Slack channel.
Besides that, we recommend setting a deadline for each inquiry. The worst thing is to be left waiting for that much-needed response, which is why deadlines help reduce your waiting time.
What is feedback Slack?
Feedback Slack is a process companies use to solicit feedback from employees, customers, or stakeholders. It's a way of gathering data in an organized and consistent, so you can quickly review and act on it.
It usually takes the form of a survey or questionnaire. The process is periodical, which means you can do it once a week, twice a month, or similar. The advantage of using Slack for feedback is that it collects data from multiple sources in one place.
How do I report a problem on Slack?
The simplest way to report a problem on Slack is to send an email to the company. The address is firstname.lastname@example.org. Other options are to get in touch via live chat or phone. The company has reliable customer support, so you can expect them to solve the problem soon.