Competitors or alternatives to BambooHR? In this article, we’ll dive deeper into BambooHR features and explore its benefits and downsides
BambooHR managed to become one of the industry’s most popular tools, yet a lot of companies still look for BambooHR competitors.
Why is that?
In this article, we’ll dive deeper into BambooHR features and explore its benefits and downsides. Afterwards, we’ll review the top 3 BambooHR competitors to show that HR professionals have different options for handling core HR functions like payroll processing, labor costs evaluation, time tracking, leave management, and compensation management.
Image source: BambooHR
Many users coined BambooHR as a top-tier HR software. In many instances, this tool has helped businesses get rid of spreadsheets and turn to automation of different HR processes.
In a nutshell, BambooHR helps companies deal with performance management, talent management, benefits management, human capital management, and payroll management. These core HR processes make ensuring smooth organizational functionality and workforce management easier.
- A unique performance management module feature
- A mobile app that can be valuable for both managers and employees
- The platform offers easy leave management options, with employees being able to get time off and vacations from their mobile device
- Custom employee data and reporting options are limited
- A mobile version of the app is not polished and up-to-date
- Users also report the applicant tracking system to have glitches
- Essentials plan starts at $5.25 per month
- Advantage plan starts at $8.25 per month
Top 3 BambooHR competitors
At this point, we know how BambooHR software delivers its core HR functions to boost employee performance through effective leave management and benefits management. However, considering the platform's flaws, at least three notable HR platforms can serve as BambooHR competitors.
1. Effy.ai - a great performance management software
Image source: Effy.ai
While being a young company, Effy.ai has already managed to capture the trust of major clients like GitLab, Slack, Atlassian, and Grammarly. This HR management platform is a highly customizable system with a major focus on workflow automation.
This makes Effy.ai an excellent tool for handling an entire employee life cycle. Besides, it works for businesses of all sizes.
- Centralized and secure employee database grating protection against unauthorized access
- Extensive automation options for leave management, performance management, onboarding process, and employee performance assessment
- High level of customization for your business processes
- Integration with Slack and other messengers
- Templates for surveys, reviews, one-on-ones, and 360-degree feedback
- Some users report minor UX errors due to the platform being young and developing
Image source: Effy.ai
- Free forever plan for 50 reviews and unlimited users
- Pay when you scale plan starting at $18 per review starting when you go over 50 free reviews
2. Recruiteze with its benefits administration
Image source: Recruiteze
Recruiteze is an HR software focusing on recruitment management. As one of the top 3 Bamboo HR competitors, this platform emphasizes aspects like tracking, organizing, and sorting data within a company's applicant tracking system. It is proven to help hiring managers bring down costs and make onboarding smoother.
- A feature for publishing a job ad on various job boards
- Screener question forms to choose the best candidates
- An option to design a recruitment workflow to track candidates through the entire hiring process
- Missing interactions with other HR platforms
- Focus on small companies and medium-sized businesses
*rating based on 44 reviews only
- Startup plan starting at $59 per month
- Pro-business plan starting at $119 per month
- Enterprise plan customized to each particular client
3. Workday and talent management
Image source: Workday
Workday is a human capital management software focusing on performance management, talent management, performance reviews, and employee engagement. Besides, this Bamboo HR competitor brings forward interesting talent acquisition, recruiting, and onboarding tools. Therefore, it is safe to say Workday is a great HR software proudly getting its place among the top 3 Bamboo HR competitors.
- With the platform, you can get hiring feedback via Slack, as well as conduct interviews on Google
- Automation of hiring workflows allows users to process many candidates at the same time
- Customized dashboards and visual analytics to achieve business objectives through effective talent management
- Not a great fit for small businesses
- Not a user-friendly interface
- Complicated pricing model
Workday doesn't release the cost of its services. You need to contact the company directly to get a pricing plan overview.
BambooHR is a platform many companies would find compelling. However, you need to keep in mind there are many more options available. The top 3 Bamboo HR competitors above grant services you won't get with BambooHR. Besides, with Effy.ai, you'll come as close to a one-fits-all solution. Try it now.
FAQ: BambooHR Competitors & Alternatives
Is BambooHR software?
BambooHR is an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software enabling business managers to administrate their companies correctly. This software solution can be used to handle a range of HR tasks, from onboarding procedures to activity tracking. As software, BambooHR entails technological solutions to boost any company's workflow using this tool.
What is better than BambooHR?
Many ERPs and tools available on the market are better than BambooHR. However, some of the most popular ones are Effy.ai, HiBob and Synerion. Depending on your company’s needs, some tools are better than others. That is why it is essential to conduct an assessment before choosing a product.
Is Bamboo HR an ERP?
Yes, BambooHR is an actual ERP, offering you as a business owner the opportunity to administrate your company completely using a digitally-based tool that works in cloud storage.
What is similar to bamboo HR?
There is a variety of software similar to BambooHR. Some well-recognized alternatives include Effy.ai, Namely, Zoho People, Workday, Workforce Now, Trakstar, and Reviewsnap. These are the instruments proven to offer high-quality HR services for their clients. They gained a great reputation and loyalty with their seamless services.
What is Workday HCM?
Workday HCM is a cloud-based ERP that offers the same functions as BambooHR. It is one of the most popular Enterprise Resource Planning systems available on the market these days.